Now, before you go out and spend money you don’t have on gadgets and gizmos you don’t need be aware that the affiliate sales you are looking to make can come at no cost.
Like the blind leading the blind, I’m sure you’ve seen fellow affiliates marketing magic buttons and software guaranteeing a gazillion hits to your website, YouTube channel, or whatever else they can come up with.
Just let it go, trust me! You’ll be saving yourself time, money, and not to mention, the frustration trying to get your money back when you don’t make your fortune over night like they promise.
So what do you need? Well it’s really quite simple…
- A passion for the product or service
- A solid web presence to build Authority & Trust within your niche
Seriously, it drives me insane when I get approached by affiliate marketers that are 50 years or older or 25 years or younger wheeling and dealing products that don’t even appeal to their own demographic.
It’s one thing to sell, say, products from Amazon that are a basic need. I’m fine with that. But for a non-basic, interest driven product that takes enthusiasm to sell? Come on…give me a break!
I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer but I know when I’m being sold for the sake of being sold. Don’t be that guy or gal. Love the product you are selling simply because it will be easier to sell. Easier is better.
Mixing passion with an internet business blog…
First and foremost you need to understand the unmatched advantages of having a blog or website based around the products and services of your affiliate business or opportunity.
For one, people like to spend money on things that can help them. We get that. But moreover, they love to spend money on things that they have a solid base of information on.
So why not give it to them on your internet business blog through your content marketing efforts?
Stand out from the rest of the lazy affiliates out there by branding yourself to the product, service, or opportunity by educating your potential customers through a solid web presence.
Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you. -Oprah Winfrey
I mean Oprah even said it. Not to be all philosophical but you can seriously excite people about a product or opportunity through your own enthusiasm demonstrating a product or service in a video! Don’t just try it, do it!
I do it all the time except it’s my own training platform teaching people how to build a lasting presence online! However my personally branded internet business blog is the gateway to the library of knowledge.
On this very blog that you are reading is where I am establishing myself as an authority within my niche and the content is where I am giving value and education to build that much needed trust to produce an income online.
Your internet business blog and other branding mechanisms…
To wrap this whole thing up, this is what every new affiliate marketer should do in order to skip on the harsh learning curve of annoying and spamming your way to more affiliate sales. Ready?
- Set up a blog or website – Here you will do what your beloved customers will love you for doing. Educating them further on your affiliate product, service, or opportunity. They will have questions so you better be there to answer them!
- Host weekly webinars – I will say this once and once only (well not really) but this one strategy alone can EXPLODE your business by hosting a live event from your website to get questions answered and receive more information on the spot! Want to earn 6 figures or more in your affiliate opportunity quickly? DO NOT skip this step!
- Set up a training site or funnel – This may be next level strategy for some people but trust me it’s not hard to do. It just takes a little time and patience with a slight learning curve when it comes to the platforms you will build it on. Make this exclusive to your customers or partners in your opportunity for exclusivity.
All in all, don’t feed into the hype. Do yourself a favor and get ahead of the herds of affiliates who will continuously make the same mistake over and over again by chasing the shiny balls and purchasing things they don’t need.
Remember all you need is a passion for the affiliate product or opportunity and a presence online to back it up. That is all…